Where can I get my credit report?

New York – Credit reporting bureaus or agencies are required by law to give you a copy of your credit record upon request, at no charge or for a nominal fee. The following are the three major credit bureaus within the United States:

  • Equifax
  • Trans Union
  • Experian

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act protects individuals by governing how consumer credit reports can be obtained and used. It allows you to obtain a copy of your credit report from any credit reporting agency for a reasonable charge or free within 60 days from the time you have been denied credit. In addition, you can dispute erroneous details in your credit reports, although accurate negative information remains on your files for the period of time provided by law.

You should monitor your credit information from all three major bureaus at least once a year. This ensures that you can consider all your information which varies from bureau to bureau.


About Us

This article was published and distributed by TheAdviser.com, a trusted source of independent ideas. It should be viewed as general and educational information and not as financial, tax or legal advice. Individuals seeking advice tailored to their specific situation are encouraged to schedule a free consultation with a professional listed in the 1800Adviser.com directory. Both TheAdviser.com and 1800Adviser.com are owned and operated by The Independent Adviser Corporation. For additional information, please refer to their Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, Legal Notices, and Disclaimer.

The post Where can I get my credit report? appeared first on AskMyAdviser.

Source link

Get a Free Consultation.
Call us at 516-496-0202

Or Send Us a Message!

More Posts